It has been almost ten years since I started running: Here it is by the numbers.
21,000+: a good estimate for the number of miles I have ran in 10 years.
– Averaged around 35 miles a week in High School (4 years)
– Averaged over 60 miles a week in College (5 years)
1,000: meters. Favorite interval distance on a track.
– Favorite race is the 5,000m
112: The most miles I have run in a week.
– I have run over 100 miles in a week a total of 3 times.
48: The number of pairs of running shoes I have gone trough.
– 42 Pairs of Mizuno Wave Riders
– 4 Pairs of Brooks Cascadias
– 2 Pairs of Nike Air Pegasus
26.2: Miles, The farthest I have run at one time
– see “2” below
19: Miles, my longest training run in college.
– Done on the Mickelson Trial in the Black Hills of South Dakota
7: The number of half marathons I have run
– PR is 1:12
3:The number of times I ran in a national meet
– Twice in Cross Country
– Once for Outdoor Track
2: The number of Marathons I have attempted
– I only finished Portland in 2:56
1: Bad knee.
– The injury that keeps me from running on a regular basis.
0: The number of regrets I have about taking up running.
I still can’t believe its almost been ten years since I started running. Its been full of highs and low, but also a lot of fun. I have met some amazing people along the way and I am looking forward to the next ten years.